Friday, May 1, 2009

Project description

For years I have started personal projects and been plagued with the problem of finding hobby servos that would fit my specific use; all of which were either too bulky or too expensive to be of any use. The following are various projects and the shortcoming i've had with hobby servos:

Robo-1 robot: Servos were not powerful enough (23.4Oz/in stall torque) to be able to do anything more then stand still.

Prosthesis: Servos are both too expensive and do not conform to the unusual shape of my prosthesis well.

There are a few other projects that I intend to use these servos on, but they aren't off the drawing boards yet so no need to list them.

So with that said, the reason I've started this blog is to update people with the status of my project; and in the process hopefully inspire them to expand upon the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment